Saturday, September 5, 2009

2009 Fall PGA Merchandise Expo

Visiting Las Vegas for my first time was both exciting and nerve racking because I did not know what to expect from the city as well as the actual trade show. The moments leading up to the show felt like I was placed in Las Vegas for all the right reasons but at the same time was uncertain about the final outcome and what people would think about Golf Capital Magazine. If Golf Capital Magazine fails then so do I and it would be a major upset. It is a reality that business owners must face but in the end you can never win if you don't run the race.
___________________________________________________________________

Day 1: Demo Day at Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort.
Thanks to a delay at LAX I was put behind schedule and really had to hustle to make it to test some of the newest products that will shortly hitting the shelfs and to give our readers a first look at what they can expect in the near future. I checked into my hotel, brushed my teeth, grabbed my camera bag, and hopped in a cab to pick up my badge at the show. The seven foot signs made it easy to navigate through Mandalay Bay and I literally power walked from the front doors to registration to make the last shuttle bus in time.

After a few minutes on the bus I saw a rare sight. Mountains. Las Vegas has beautiful mountain ranges that calm your senses so much I think it would even help lose some of the strokes on the golf course. This is for all the Floridians that have never seen mountains.

After 20 minutes on the bus I was really wondering if we made a wrong turn and knew the clock was ticking.

I was so excited when I saw green turf on the horizon but didn't know if it was a marriage or what. It turned out to be our final destination the Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort.

What timing... Just as I arrived everyone else decided to break down and call it a day. I was a little disappointed but there was nothing I could have done. It was nice to do a little exploring and to visit a new destination.

Two good things that came out of the trip were Ball Balm lip balm and a tasty Elations health drink.
____________________________________________________________________

Day 2 & 3: The Show
I have to admit after the trip to the middle of the desert made me pretty thirsty and eager to experience the nightlife of Las Vegas. I must have stayed out until 2am gambling and bar hopping (Yes, I actually won! $70 in my pocket spelled cab fair for the weekend.) but it looks like this fellow had a longer night than I did. Or it just might have been the heat.
I have always thought about going back to school. If I ever do decide to enroll to further my career the Golf Academy of America is defiantly on my list. Golf Academy of America offers campuses in Myrtle Beach, Orlando, Phoenix, and San Diego not only making it easy for travel but also puts you in some of golfs best locations.
PivotPro is one of the newest and most versatile training tools on the market that collaborates with some of the PGA's top pros that made everything possible. The amount of golfers that struggle with their swing is countless and their main flaw is excessive sway or a reverse pivot. What PivotPro dose is help any and every golfer load properly. 90+% of the pros get their club in the right position, load properly, and most importantly pivot properly. If you have problems with swaying or pivoting you can now correct it very easily with PivotPro.

Spherical Blade Putters made the journey all the way from Wales, UK and have been successfully grabbing the attention and respect from golfers since 2004. Spherical Blade Putters also known as S Blade Putters made their United States appearance at the 09 Fall PGA Expo and created quite a buzz. The idea behind the technology is there is a spherical face built into ever club to give a truer forward roll to help eliminate skips and skids that can come from a traditional putter. The curve also a larger sweet spot. If you have a problem with pushing or pulling the spherical face will also help focus for the best point of impact. And if you like variety S Blade putters offers 8 metal putters and 2 wood putters.
Yar Putters help golfers that have trouble completing a full round of 18 holes because of back problems and other physical disabilities by providing an industry breakthrough design that allows golfers to pick up their clubs, ball marker, and golf ball without even bending over. Yar Putters even give back to the golf community by supporting programs geared towards golfers that have seen unforeseen accidents and helps golfers reengage in life and golf. Not only does the Yar Putter putt beautifully but it will help save you from back pains as well as your extra strokes.

CleatSkins are a very new and popular footwear accessory that easily slips over your golf shoes to turn them into a nonslip, no scuff, street shoe that you can wear to and from the golf course and anywhere in between. By wearing CleatSkins you will also greatly improve the life of your cleats to keep your grip for many future rounds to come. No matter if you are a man or a woman CleatSkins offer a size and color to fit your style and preference to match seamlessly with your existing golf shoe.
STX is acknowledged as being the golf industry's foremost authority on insert face technology. Over a quarter century ago, the company introduced the first patented soft face elastomer, creating the "softest legal face in golf." In the mid-90s the company's research and development team introduced the first USGA approved interchangeable face insert and removable weight system. Both these and other innovations have helped create the standards for putter designs today.
Perfect Release is a simple and easy to use training device that allows you to relax your grip and arms which enables your body to move better and have a more fluid swing. When you soften your grip and relax your arms your ball will fly better. Perfect Release is a great chipping tool, wonderful for warm up, and is great for learning how to relax your swing. The Perfect Release has even helped improve the Long Drive Champion's swing in just 5 practice swings to his amazement.
AboutGolf is a high end golf technology company with many golf related tools that helps golfers improve their game. One of the most popular is the PGA Tour simulator that uses a three track technology to track the ball and is the most accurate simulator in the industry. AboutGolf also offers a Three track launch monitor , a portable unit that can be used indoors or out on the range which is perfect for training and club fitting.

Smartee golf tees triple their use as a tee, a divot tool, and a groove cleaner all in one. Smartees are very durable and are guaranteed not to break. They are also great because you always tee your ball at the perfect height. Sorry the watch and ring are not included.
How big is your score card collection?
Looking for a fun and easy way to cruise the course? Look no further than the one of a kind Bike Board.
Trecho golf bags are 3 bags conveniently transformed into one. You can zip it, you can grip it, and you can ship it. The Trecho golf bag is also water proof and can carry your shoes, clubs, golf balls, and can be brought onto any airplane. Trecho is truly the golf bag of the future. Here is a sneak peek at the 2010 Orlando Show and just by looking at the floor plan it look likes a must attend event. We will be there and I hope we see you there too!

____________________________________________________________________

In the beginning I don't know what I was so worried about. I received tons of phenomenal feedback, got some promo gear, and made some great friends. I have a new favorite vacation destination (Las Vegas) and experienced some of the best times of my life in three days. I know one thing. Next time I am staying at the Wynn because it is the only luxury hotel with a beautiful golf course on site. I visited the Wynn to do a little sightseeing and gambling but some of the best sights I saw was when I was on the Las Vegas Monorail and it passed by the Wynn and you could see the golf course. I nearly fell over when I let go of the handrail to take a closer look out of the window and the monorail made a left turn. From what I could see it looks like the golf course at the Wynn has a wide range of water hazards, elevated tee boxes, challenging bunkers, and beautiful fairways that are all sure to please. I truly can not wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment